When an individual Granny feels that “civil disobedience” is necessary, she will do so only as an individual not as a representative of or in the “persona” of a Raging Granny, unless…
- We decide as a group to support her in a specific action prior to that action. If so,
- We will sanction her right to wear Granny gear;
- She will then act as a representative of the Portland Raging Grannies and as such be bound by the “Code of Conduct” of the Portland Raging Grannies.
- She will have the right to speak to the media on behalf of the Portland Raging Grannies.
- Prior to participating in any act of civil disobedience she will be required to participate in non-violence training and any other preparation specific to the action.
- The Portland Raging Grannies will have an understanding of the implications for that individual and for our group and seek legal opinions/support as needed.
- The Portland Raging Grannies will step forward and provide moral and other support, as we are able, to said Granny throughout the legal process.
- The Portland Raging Grannies will offer assistance, as we are able, to families of said Granny should she be incarcerated.